John R. Ponsetto
John Ponsetto was admitted to the bar in 1965 in the District of Columbia. He served in the Corporation Counsel’s office in Washington, D.C. until 1970, when he came to Vermont to work as an Assistant Attorney General. After a distinguished career in Vermont government, where he served as Assistant Secretary of the Agency of Environmental Conservation, Commissioner of the Department of Water Resources, and Legal Counsel to the Governor, Mr. Ponsetto joined Gravel & Shea in 1985.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.B. 1964
- University of Notre Dame, B.A. 1961, cum laude
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America (1989-2013)
- Listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2004-2008)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Chittenden County, Vermont and American Bar Associations