Robert H. Rushford
Bob Rushford was admitted to the Vermont bar in 1988. After serving as a law clerk to the Hon. Albert W. Coffrin, U.S. District Court Judge, District of Vermont, from 1988-1989, he practiced in a general practice firm which had a strong concentration in real estate and land use development law. He joined Gravel & Shea in 1996 and became a partner in 2000.
At Gravel & Shea, Bob’s practice focuses on real estate and land use development, providing a full range of real estate services including title work, commercial property purchases, sales and leasing, subdivision and planned unit project development and permitting, and residential purchases and sales.
- Yale University, LL.M. 1991
- University of Pittsburgh, J.D. 1988, summa cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- David Stahl Memorial Award
- Note Editor, University of Pittsburgh Law Review
- Named 2011 Burlington Lawyer of the Year for Real Estate Law in The Best Lawyers in America
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2007
- Listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business since 2003
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Chittenden County, Vermont and American Bar Associations
- Author, Under a Cloak of Olive Drab, 47 University of Pittsburgh Law Review, 1988
- Vermont (1988)
- U.S. District Court, District of Vermont (1988)