William A. Mason, IV
Chip Mason has been a partner in the Corporate Department of Gravel & Shea since 2006. He joined the firm in 2003 after practicing at another prominent law firm in Burlington, Vermont, where he worked primarily on equity financings.
At Gravel & Shea, Chip’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisition transactions and other investment activities, including representing private equity funds and companies in debt and equity financings. Chip also handles other corporate engagements, including structuring agreements among investors, structuring shareholder, partnership and LLC agreements among and on behalf of various investor groups and representing issuers and purchasers in the structuring, issuance and sale of securities.
- University of Maine School of Law, J.D. 1996, cum laude, Maine Law Review
- University of Vermont, B.A. 1991
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America (2013)
- Listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2008-2012)
- Advised software company in connection with $13 million venture financing
- Advised the purchaser in the acquisition of the stock of a foreign software company and related debt financing
- Represented a venture company in the financing of a technology company providing process piping solutions and modularization for electronics and life sciences
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Chittenden County, Vermont, Maine and American Bar Associations
- Trustee, The Lund Family Center, Inc.
- State of Vermont Liaison, Committee on State Regulation of Securities, ABA Business Law Section
- Chair, City of Burlington, Vermont Board of Tax Appeals
- Member, State of Vermont Working Group on Licensed Lender Laws
- Councilor, City of Burlington (2012-present)
- Maine (1996)
- Vermont (1996)
- Massachusetts (1997)