Land Use & Development
Gravel & Shea’s real estate group has considerable experience with Vermont’s municipal and state land use and development law. We have successfully represented many landowners, developers, and businesses before municipal zoning boards and planning commissions, state agencies (including District Commissions and the Vermont Environmental Board) and Vermont Courts. Our work in this area has included:
- Pre-project planning to review state and local regulations in an effort to design projects that will satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Coordinating and supervising the work of consultants (i.e. engineers, traffic engineers, architects, wetlands specialists, landscape architects) that are needed to present a complete permit application.
- Negotiating agreements with neighboring property owners, utilities and municipalities.
- Drafting legal memoranda and motions in support of local and state permit applications.
- Assisting clients with the presentation of permit applications before local boards and commissions.
- Preparing and presenting cases before the Vermont Environmental Board and Vermont Courts.