The real estate group at Gravel & Shea brings many years of experience to a broad range of real estate transactions. Our attorneys have represented clients in real estate projects including acquisition, financing, development and disposition of properties ranging from summer camps to shopping centers throughout Vermont. In addition, we have acted as primary counsel and local counsel in connection with the acquisition and development of several major ski resorts. The real estate group assists clients with all phases of developing properties from the initial planning through the permit process to final occupancy.
Gravel & Shea has provided counsel and assistance to clients involved in:
- Development of residential, commercial and mixed use projects, including planned residential developments, shopping centers and ski resorts.
- Acquisitions of investment properties spanning the spectrum from duplexes to large multi-unit apartment complexes to commercial and industrial sites.
- Financing all forms of real estate acquisitions with lenders ranging from local banks to mortgage brokers to insurance companies and international banks.
- Commercial leasing transactions involving retail, office, industrial and special use properties.
- Formation of all types of common interest communities including new residential projects, conversions of existing buildings into common interest communities and the formation of commercial common interest communities.
- Dispositions of property through conventional sales, and tax deferred exchanges under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Guiding projects of all kinds through the permitting process before municipal, regional and state regulatory processes.
- Participation in multi-state transactions both as local counsel for the Vermont properties and as coordinators with local counsel for closings in other states.
- Purchasing primary homes and vacation properties.