Our tax practice encompasses a broad range of federal, state, and local tax areas, with a focus on business taxation. In representing our diverse client base of businesses and individual clients, our tax group teams with other practice groups to help structure a wide variety of transactions for maximum tax efficiency. Our particular areas of expertise include:
- Business combinations, acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures
- Complex partnership structures with an emphasis on investment funds
- Distributions, redemptions and buyouts
- Business formation and choice of entity issues
- General operational tax issues of corporations, S corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies
- Like-kind exchanges involving both commercial and residential properties
In addition, our tax group coordinates with our real estate and business groups to assist clients in developing structures that maximize federal and state tax incentives available to low-income housing, historic, renewable energy and other development projects.