Heather Briggs limits her practice to the representation of management in all aspects of the employment relationship. While she counsels her clients on all types of employment-related questions, Heather’s services generally relate to preventive labor and employment strategies, the defense of employment-related claims and dealing with union-organized workforces. In this area, the firm’s clients are both large and small companies and have both union-free and organized workplaces.
Prior to practicing in Vermont, Heather was in private practice in Atlanta, Georgia (1982-1987) and was a field attorney with the Federal Labor Relations Authority in Washington, D.C. (1979-1982).
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. 1982
- University of Akron School of Law, J.D. 1978
- Articles Editor, Akron Law Review
- Middlebury College, B.A. 1975
- Named 2015 Burlington Lawyer of the Year for Labor Law – Management in Best Lawyers in America
- Named 2014 Burlington Lawyer of the Year for Employment Law – Management in Best Lawyers in America
- Named 2013 Burlington Lawyer of the Year for Labor Law – Management in Best Lawyers in America
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America since 2006
- Listed in New England Super Lawyers (2010, 2013)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Chittenden County, Vermont and American Bar Associations
- District of Columbia (1979)
- Georgia (1982)
- Vermont (1987)