Erin M. Moore
After practicing with two prominent Atlanta law firms for nearly 13 years, Erin joined Gravel & Shea in 2018. Erin focuses her practice in the areas of banking, finance, securities, real estate, significant torts, First Amendment litigation and class action defense. She enjoys working with clients to manage a range of litigation-related matters including breaches of contract and fiduciary duties, negligence, fraud, RICO, false arrest, malicious prosecution and violations of various state and federal statutes. Erin has represented clients in all phases of state and federal litigation, including preliminary injunction proceedings, dispositive motion practice, electronic discovery, trial, arbitration, mediation and appeal.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D. 2005, magna cum laude
- Boston University Law Review
- Saint John Fisher College, B.A. 2002, summa cum laude
- Regularly represents national banking associations and state-chartered banks in lawsuits involving consumer deposit issues, including claims under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, UCC, conversion, negligence, usury, breach of contract, fraud, and RICO.
- Successfully represented two major banks defending claims in excess of $500 million as part of the nationwide Checking Account Overdraft Litigation MDL, obtaining complete dismissals after four years of litigation before federal district courts, the Eleventh Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
- Successfully defended London-based sellers of vintage wine in action brought by Georgia purchaser alleging fraud, RICO, Georgia RICO, negligent misrepresentation, breach of contract and related claims.
- Successfully defended sellers in an action brought by buyers of acquired company for alleged breaches of representations and warranties.
- Successfully represented a Fortune 500 construction company in insurance coverage actions against commercial general liability carriers in Indiana, obtaining approximately $20 million in reimbursement for claims made by homeowners.
- Successfully defended a Fortune 100 company in mass tort and putative class actions in Alabama and Minnesota state courts.
- Successfully represented secured lender and foreign governmental agency in an action by the former Chief Executive Officer of a bankrupt company seeking to enforce the terms of his employment agreement, including multi-million dollar bonuses.
- Co-author, Survey of Vermont Media Privacy and Related Law, Media Law Resource Center, Inc. (2019-2020)
- Co-author, Open Courts Compendium for Vermont, Reporters Committee for the Freedom of the Press (2019)
- Co-author, Survey of Vermont Media Libel Law, Media Law Resource Center, Inc. (2018-2019)
- Co-author, Open Government Guide for Vermont, Reporters Committee for the Freedom of the Press (2018-2019)
- Co-author, Reporter’s Privilege Compendium for Vermont, Reporters Committee for the Freedom of the Press (2018)
- Co-Author, Anticipating and Managing Projects: Changes in Law, The Construction Lawyer (2006)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Chittenden County, Vermont and American Bar Associations
- Georgia (2005)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia (2006)
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals (2007)
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals (2011)
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals (2018)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York (2018)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont (2018)
- Vermont (2018)
- U.S. Supreme Court (2018)