Food & Beverage
Food and beverage manufacturers face legal issues common to companies of all types, but they must also navigate a complex set of legal challenges unique to the food and beverage industries. The Food & Beverage Practice at Gravel & Shea provides a complete suite of legal services, allowing food and beverage manufacturers to turn to the firm’s deep bench with any issue, from general business matters to industry-specific regulatory or compliance matters. The Food & Beverage practice lawyers at Gravel & Shea assist food and beverage manufacturers with:
Federal and State regulation and compliance relating to:
- Food Safety Modernization Act
- Facility inspections by the FDA or Vermont Department of Health
- Labeling, packaging and advertising
- Product recall procedures
- Consumer complaints and tampering incidents
- Record-keeping and traceability requirements
- Good Manufacturing Practice requirements
- Production, formulation and labeling issues for “organic” products or products produced with or without genetically modified ingredients
- Origin rule compliance
Intellectual property matters including:
- Trademark registration, defense or prosecution
- Domain name disputes
- Trade secret litigation
Class action defense and complex commercial litigation, which may include personal injury or product liability claims, labeling and advertising claims, packaging claims, product tampering claims, contract actions and antitrust claim.
General business matters including co-packing, private label, distribution and other agreements, product licensing, marketing issues and due diligence audits of marketed products.
Employment issues including harassment, employment discrimination, wrongful discharge or other employee claims, employee benefits and compensation plans, including executive and deferred compensation, stock option plans and other compensation issues, preparing for downsizing and restructuring or for plant closings and WARN Act compliance and employee drug testing.
Environmental and land use regulation or litigation, commercial real estate, tax matters or tax disputes, financing and other matters.